This photo was taken on the Coeur d'Alene river, just west of the Cataldo Mission at Old Mission State Park. The present mission church was built starting in 1850, using the wattle and daub method, and was finished in just three years without using a single nail. It didn't take long for the mission to become an important stop for traders, settlers and miners who used it as a supply station, and much needed break from the trials of life elsewhere. It was also a working port for boats heading up the Coeur d'Alene River. The site was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1961 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1966. The mission was the fifth of only ten sites in Idaho designated as a National Historic Landmark.
|Coeur d'Alene River Sunset - 1024x768||151.65 KB|
|Coeur d'Alene River Sunset - 1440x900||240.96 KB|
|Coeur d'Alene River Sunset - 1280x1024||234.01 KB|
|Coeur d'Alene River Sunset - 1920x1080||382.16 KB|
|Coeur d'Alene River Sunset - 1920x1200||395.21 KB|